Wilderness Guide • Nature Mentor • Outdoor Trainer
“People are created for living closely connected to nature; it is my mission to support individuals, groups and organisations in growing their connection to nature, self and community.” – Thoralf Rumswinkel, founder and head of change WILD!
Thoralf has lived in Nord-Østerdalen, Norway, amid extensive wilderness lands for many years. The rough Norwegian nature is his omnipresent companion, teacher, challenger and healer in everyday life. Nature in all its facets is ‘good medicine’ to him, a good he has rarely found again since his childhood at the foot of the Bavarian Alps. It is his aim to share these benefits, and to pass them on to others: to immerse into a fresh natural world, to connect with nature, to experience true community and to grow personally.
After ten years of freelance work as a nature tour guide, Thoralf became self-employed in 2012. Today he works under the seal of change WILD! The knowledge gained from a wide range of training courses and many years of work experience with people in nature are incorporated into his work as a wilderness guide, nature mentor and outdoor trainer as well as into the lead of change WILD!
- Ongoing Mentoring by Jon Young, 8 Shields Institute, Santa Cruz (CA), USA
- Mulitple courses by Jon Young about Nature Connection, Deep Nature Connection and the Art of Mentoring
- Wilderness Immersions, Wild Moon Europe, Sweden, accordance with Teaching Drum Outdoor School, Three Lakes (WI), USA
- Kamana Naturalist Training Program, Wilderness Awareness School, Duvall (WA), USA
- Courses ‘friluftsliv sommer’ und ‘friluftsliv vinter’, by Nils Faarlund / Norges Høgfjellskole, Hemsedal, Norway
- Training in experiential education, Outward Bound Academy, Schongau, Germany
- Qualified Wilderness Guide, International Association of Wilderness Guides (IWV), Germany
- Tour Guide for nature- and activity-based tours
- Kindergarten teacher, working in accordance to the ‘forest group method’, Norway
- Instructor for activity-based class outings
- Dipl.-Ing. (Arch.), Technische Universität Berlin, Germany